Sam Clark - Resume
Computer software development is my current trade and field that I am looking to attain a job in. I am proficient in a few different languages, but the ability to transition to a language is something I am capable of .
I am an avid fan of taking everything I do seriously. I am a firm believer that companies should hire managers, not employees. Leadership is key, and I will always strive to put myself into a leadership position.
- Developer | August 2015 - Current
- Development of major node.js frontend application stacks.
- Fullstack development on 2 projects in a 6 month time frame, utilizing Hapi, React/Redux, Redis, Postgresql.
- Experience with Agile, Pivotal Tracker, and Github Issues models of development.
- Development and maintenance of several IoT(Internet of Things) projects. This includes both open source and closed.
- Experience with difference licenses involved in development.
- House tinkerer, I love working with the different operating systems that exist. I write a lot about using ChromeOS in production development.
Nile Coffee LLC. - Owner
- Owner | December 2010- August 2015
- Accounting, Bookkeeping, Reporting, Payroll/Employment, Tax, and Logistical Management.
- Design/Build/Own/Operate Lo Fi Coffee, 105 W. Main St, Mesa, AZ 85201(2011-2015).
- Design/Build/Own/Operate Mud Dauber Coffee, 2222 N. 16th St, Phoenix AZ 85006(2012-2014).
Coffee & Tea Express
- Barista | August 2010-April 2011
- Night shift coffee making
- Implementation of Coffee Cart
United States Forest Service
- Firefighter II | January 2010-September 2010
- Aggressively fought fires to suppress them as well as managed fires to suit the purposes of fires natural course while bypassing man made structures.
- Received multiple certifications for qualifications in the wildland firefighting industry.
- Hazmat: HAZWOPR.
Paisley Violin LLC
- Manager/Barista | October 2008-April 2009
- Worked as a Barista at three different locations and learned the ins and outs of cafe work and management.
- Worked as cafe manager at a satellite location in the YMCA. Interfacing with both the YMCA and the business to create new ideas to better give customers what they wanted.
United States Marine Corps
- 0811 Cannoneer | October 2005-October 2009
- Received Honorable Discharge on October 17th 2009 after four years of service.
- Two deployments, one on the 31st MEU/SOC to Okinawa, Japan and one Combat deployment to Iraq in Al-Anbar Province.
- Received Meritorious Masts on 4 different occasions.
- Extensive knowledge of GPS usage and Orienteering. Including: declination of compasses, map reading, map creation. as well as pioneering tools.
- Strict understanding of small unit leadership and how to maneuver a unit ranging of 7-15 people.
- Special Project Developer | August 2000-May 2005
- Responsible for integration of web solutions integral to the operation of the business.
- Interfacing with business analysts to create appropriate web solutions to track, find, fix issues across cellular networks.
- Terminal emulation scripting to assist employees in efficiently fixing issues across different variations of network switches.
United States Army
91B Combat Medic | April 1999-August 2001
- General API design(REST)
- Github Teamwork, Agile Development, Pivotal Tracker
- Databases of almost any SQL origin, levelDB, several flat file systems
Qualifications & Education
Associates Degree, Social Work, 3.85 GPA, Phoenix College, Graduated December, 2012.
- Colorado Fire Camp Attained S-130/S-190 as well as ICS-100 level certifications for wild land firefighting in 2009.
- Various Qualifications for United States Forest Service(available upon request).
- Various Qualifications for United States Military(available upon request).
- Maricopa County Health Department Food Handler/Food Manager Certifications
- American Heart CPR